Join Our Team
Communications and Development Intern
Calling all social media wizards and orphan care advocates! Do you have a passion for social justice and development? Want to learn about storytelling, and how photography and film can impact the world, while getting hands on experience with communications and research development?
This Fall The Archibald Project is seeking a Communications and Development Intern to engage with our followers, research new stories and help us grow by identifying partnership opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and motivated self-starter that possesses a strong desire to make a difference in their work. The Communications and Development Intern will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Sort and respond to incoming correspondence
- Story research
- Social media management
- Strategic development
- Other tasks as assigned
Required experience & skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluent in Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Familiarity with journalistic research strategies and Adobe suite applications preferred
- Knowledge in the areas of social justice and development preferred
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work with little direction and take ownership of tasks and project
- Comfortable taking direction and working on a team
This is a part-time position, requires attendance at our Austin, TX office and is not paid. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.