Communications and Development Intern
Calling all Internet wizards and social media gurus! Do you have a passion for social justice and development? Want to learn about storytelling, photography, and film, while advocating for the vulnerable children worldwide?
The Archibald Project is seeking a Communications and Development Intern to engage with our followers, research new stories and help us grow by identifying grant opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and motivated self-starter that possesses a strong desire to make a difference in their work. The Communications and Development Intern will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Sort and respond to incoming correspondence
- Story research
- Social media management
- Grant research and development
- Other tasks as assigned
Required experience & skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluent in Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Familiar with journalistic research strategies
- Familiarity with the grant process preferred
- Knowledge in the areas of social justice and development preferred
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work with little direction and take ownership of tasks and project
- Comfortable taking direction and working on a team
This is a part-time position, requires attendance at our Austin, TX office and is not paid. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.